|Hair:||Orange and black fur|
|Affiliations:|| Marvel Family|
Fawcett City Museum
Tawky Tawny was a tiger that was a friend of the Marvel Family. Tawny was unique to his species, as he had somehow developed the ability to talk, and he was also a biped, whereas other tigers were dumb animals. He was employed by the Fawcett City Museum.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Intelligence: Though he was no smarter than most humans, by tiger standards he would make a genius look stupid.
- Unique Physiology: Tawny's physiology was incredibly unique, because he was a humanoid sapient tiger, the only known tiger to have such physiology.
- Multilingual: Tawny could communicate with other members of his species, despite them being dumb animals. He does this through a series of roars and growls, which was common among tigers although not necessarily considered a language.
- Tawky Tawny first appeared in Captain Marvel Adventures, Vol. 1 #79 (December 1947).
- He was created by Otto O. Binder and C.C. Beck.
- In the comics, Tawky Tawny is a native of Earth-S, which made it impossible to co-exist with characters like Superman, who were part of Earth-One. However, on Earth-1A, this is not the case, since all of the Fawcett Comics and DC Comics characters all co-exist with one another.
- How Tawny was transformed into a super-intelligent/humanoid tiger was never revealed in the series. In the comics, a wide variety of explanations are given, depending on which version of the character.
- Tawky Tawny at the DC Database
- The Unofficial Tawky Tawny Chronology at The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Tawky Tawny at Wikipedia