Part one of a three-issue story.
The Warning of the Wonder Twins
Two aliens youths (Zan and Jayna) from the planet Exxor crash-land on in the country, outside of Gotham City. They are greeted by Wendy and Marvin, who were the only two at the Hall of Justice when the Twins broke orbit. They rush to the crash site and are informed that the Earth is in danger.
The Twins are able to communicate speaking Interlac (and Intergalactic space language). They relay to Wendy and Marvin what they overheard back on their home planet. Grax, Superman’s old enemy, has seeded the Earth with 12 deadly bombs scattered throughout the Earth – one on the six visible continents, one on an unseen continent, and one on five inhabited islands.
The Twins tell the Justice League the first four bombs are set to go off in less than an hour. IF they fail, the next five will be activated 26 minutes later. Then the final three 47 minutes after that. The first group will destroy the people’s memory of the past. The second group will wipe everyone’s mind blank .. so they wouldn’t even know enough to eat. They don’t know what the last group of three will do. While the Twins are explaining the dilemma to the Justice League, Wendy and Marvin use the JLA Computer to locate all of Earth’s heroes … so that the JLA can team up with the heroes closest to where the bombs are. The two then beam the Justice Leaguers down so they can get started.
Superman and Impala dismantle their ‘culture’ bomb in record time. By using Godiva’s hair as shield, Elongated man is able to dismantle the bomb. Impala and the Flash work together. Impala jumps high enough to reach the bomb and pull it out of its low orbit. Before it hits the ground, the Flash is able to disarm it. Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Owlwoman have a different problem. Their bomb is surround by darkness inhabited by evil creatures. After a valiant battle, the three successfully disarm their bomb.
The first set of bombs have been successfully disarmed. Now we look to the second group of amnesia bombs and check in the with the Atom, Green Lantern, Batman, Robin, Black Canary and the Red Tornado. They have 25 minutes to save the day.
- Justice League Team Members:
- Green Arrow (previous appearance Limited Collectors' Edition and #3)
- Green Lantern (previous appearance Limited Collectors' Edition and #3)
- Hawkman (previous appearance Limited Collectors' Edition and #3)
- Flash (previous appearance Limited Collectors' Edition and #3)
- Elongated Man (previous appearance Limited Collectors' Edition)
- Phantom Stranger -- Mentioned Only
- Wonder Twins
- International Heroes (soon to be named the Global Guardians)
- This is the first chronological appearance of the Wonder Twins and their space monkey, Gleek. The Wonder Twins became regular supporting cast members in the second season of the Super Friends animated series (1977).
- The first unofficial appearance of the Global Guardians. They will not be identified as an actual team till Earth-One continuity.
- Before the adventure begins, Robin is absent and is said to be with the Teen Titans:
- Teen Titans, #50 (October, 1977)
- Teen Titans, #51 (December, 1977)
- Teen Titans, #52 (December, 1977)
- Before the adventure begins, Batman and Superman are said to be busy with the Justice League:
- ↑ Seraph's next appearance is in DC Comics Presents, #46 (June 1982).
- ↑ Godiva's real name is Dorcas Leigh. She is not to be confused with the one-time Titans adversary who also had the name 'Godiva'.
- ↑ Impala's next Earth-One appearance is in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Vol. 1 #12 (March, 1986).
- ↑ Owlwoman next Earth-One appearance is in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Vol. 1 #12 (March, 1986).
- ↑ Although this is the first time the Global Guardians are seen in a comic, they are not necessarily the Earth-One (mainstream) versions of the characters. Since these are the Earth-1A versions of theses characters, continuity is not assumed.