The Fury of the Super Foes
The Super Friends go to three separate locations to stop a band of their old enemies and their protégés from stealing the components of a super-robot found at three secret labs. The technology behind this super-robot is 'Project SR'. A secret ultimate weapon for peace. A robot to end warfare. Super intelligent and indestructable. Its being assembled in three parts at three seperate labs.
Story continues in next issue.
- Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
- Robin (Dick Grayson)
- Superman (Kal-El, aka Clark Kent)
- Wonder Woman (Princess Diana, aka Diana Prince)
First and Only Appearances
- Dr. Street
- Prof. Uther
- Prof. (one) at Undersea Lab at Cape Andrews
- Prof. (two) at Undersea Lab at Cape Andrews
- Prof at Underground Lab at Hudson University
- Prof. (one) at the Secret Eagles Nest Lab
- Prof. (two) at the Secret Eagles Nest Lab
- The Penguin (Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot)
- Toyman (Winslow Schott)
- Poison Ivy (Lillian Rose, aka Pamela Isley)
- Cheetah (Priscilla Rich)
- Secret Undersea Lab at Cape Andrews
- Secret Underground Lab at Hudson University
- Secret Eagles Nest Lab
- Footnotes try to establish continuity with Earth-One. What ends up happening is that fans designate SuperFriends universe either Earth-1A or Earth-B.
- Bridwell makes it very clear that the SuperFriends are sort of a volunteer organization, under the umbrella of the Justice League of America.
- Bridwell also takes the time to explain that Robin is not a Justice League member.
- In the letters column of this issue, writer E. Nelson Bridwell explains that Marvin White is the son of Daniel White and Diana Prince White (the nurse whose name Wonder Woman took when she came to Man's World), and Wendy Harris is the niece of Harvey Harris, old mentor to the Batman.
- The Toyman seen in this issue is Winslow Schott, whereas the character depicted in the continuity of the cartoon was believed to be Jack Nimball, the second Toyman.