- You may be looking for The Superamigos Comic Books (1975-78).
The Super Friends had an ongoing comic book series published from 1976 until 1981.
It began after the 1973 season of the TV series was canceled. It focused on the SuperFriends, and Wendy and Marvin. Then in 1977, when the SuperFriends cartoon was relaunched with Zan and Jayna, instead of Wendy and Marvin; the comic followed suit. It showed how the kids "retired" to attend college and even gave an origin story to the Wonder Twins.
Like its TV counterpart the SuperFriends Comicbook was responsible for introducing several international superheroes.
- Writer E. Nelson Bridwell, did his best to tie-in the SuperFriends TV series to established canon using footnotes. However, what he achieved was an entirely new universe for the SuperFriends, that fans called Earth-1A or Earth-B.
- DC formally categorized Super Powers comics volumes 1-3 as happening on Earth-Thirty-Two.
- Super Friends #30 (March 1, 1980) makes reference to events that also happened on Earth-Forty.
- Bridwell said several times in the letter column that he did not want the Legion of Doom to appear; so they never did.[?]