|Real name:||Sherlock Holmes|
|AKA:||World's Greatest Detective|
|Base:|| 221B Baker Street|
|Abilities:||Genius level intellect, Master detective, Master of disguise, expert combatant|
Sherlock Holmes lived on Baker Street in England in the late 19th century. He was a consulting detective that Scotland Yard worked with on several cases. He was noted for his intellectual prowess and keen observation. He had the almost uncanny ability to deduce things about individuals or situations simply by observing the not-so-obvious facts.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius-Level Intellect: Holmes is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist.
- Master Detective: He was widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is an unlearnable trait and one of Holmes most effective tools. Given any mystery, he can arrive at any conclusions with a fraction of the data.
- Master of Disguise: Mastered the art of disguise which he used to infiltrate the underworld or just to go undercover in public situations.
- Expert Combatant: during his earlier years, he was an expert combatant. Often engaging in late night sparring matches, calculating moves and scenarios before each match...and often winning them. He is a master of Bartitsu, Boxing, Swordsmanship, Fencing, and Singlestick.
- Addiction: He was addicted to drugs, one of which was tobacco, which he smoked from a pipe. He was also addicted to cocaine and a few other drugs.
- Sherlock Holmes was created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Sherlock Holmes first appeared in the novel A Study In Scarlet.
- He was inspired by a real life Dr. Joseph Bell.
- He appeared in 56 novels that are considered canon as well as many other non-canonical works.
- He appeared in several films as well.
- He was also an occasional supporting character of Batman in Detective Comics, starting in Detective Comics, Vol. 1 # 572 (March 1987).
- Sherlock Holmes' existence is first hinted at in Detective Comics, Vol. 1 #110 (April 1946). This was the first appearance of James Moriarty, Holmes' archenemy.
- Sherlock Holmes first appeared in the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle book A Study in Scarlet, but he made his first DC Comics appearance in Sherlock Holmes # 1 (October 1955).
- ↑ This history is conjectural based upon the novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- ↑ As seen in The Fear (1985).
- ↑ As seen in Dr. Pelagian's War (1973).
- ↑ Go to the wikipedia.org for more on Arthur Conan Doyle.
- ↑ Go to the wikipedia.org for more on A Study In Scarlet.
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Detective Comics, Vol. 1 #572 (March 1987).
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Detective Comics, Vol. 1 #110 (April 1946).
- ↑ Technically it was a Charlton comic, but Charlton was later purchased by DC Comics.
- ↑ For more information about that DC comic book, click here.