Powers and Abilities
- Bio-Fusion: Shadow Demons could merge together and become a single giant Shadow Demon.
- Disintegration: Their touch could disintegrate positive matter beings; they killed Clayface, Lori Lemaris and Don Hall (Dove) in this way.
- Electro-Blast: Shadow Demons can transform themselves into lightning that could transform the members of the Marvel Family into their respective alter egos.
- Intangibility: Shadow Demons could turn themselves intangibles.
- Immortality: Even broken in small fragments, Shadow Demons would reform themselves.
- Vulnerability to Light
- Purple Healing Ray: Because of the Shadow Demons' unholy nature, the healing ray could explode them instead of healing them.
- Vulnerability to Blue Beetle's Scarab: The Blue Beetle's Scarab will explode Shadow Demons that touch its user.
- As revealed in Crisis on Infinite Earths, #7 (October 1985).
- As revealed in Crisis on Infinite Earths, #3 (June, 1985).
- As revealed in Wonder Woman, #328 (October, 1985).