The Seven Deadly Enemies of Man, also known as the Seven Deadly Sins were seven powerful demons, that represented the seven deadly sins of Judeo-Christian religions, The demons can take control of people's bodies and force them to follow their base desires. The Sins were captured by the wizard Shazam many years ago, and encased in seven mockingly stone statues, which were placed in the Rock of Eternity.
The Seven Deadly Sins
- Pride: The most powerful and dangerous of all the Enemies, according to Captain Marvel. It represents the desire of one to be more important or attractive than others.
- Envy: It represents one's jealousy over others and a desire to deprive a man from something he loves.
- Greed: It represents insatiable ambition and the desire to possess more than one needs.
- Hatred: It represents uncontrollable feelings of hatred and violence.
- Laziness: It represents laziness and apathy.
- Selfishness: It represents over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste.
- Injustice: It represents excessive the opposite of justice.
The Seven Deadly Enemies of Man first appeared in Whiz Comics # 2 (February 1940).