|Real name:||Toshio Eto|
|Homeworld:||Earth, Japan near the Village of Gorobi|
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
International Hero and SuperFriends Team Member
- 1 International Hero and SuperFriends Team Member
- 2 Background Information
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Weapons
- 5 SuperFriends Team Members
- 6 Episode Appearances
- 7 Notes
- 8 Appearances in Other Media
- 9 Toys
- 10 External Links
- 11 Reference
Toshio went by the name, 'Samurai' and would begin to use these powers in the service of mankind. He would later became a member of the SuperFriends. At first, his career was spent fighting against Lex Luthor’s Legion of Doom, but later his colleagues and he committed themselves to combating Darkseid.
His real name is Toshio Eto, and he was a history professor prior to becoming a superhero.
Powers and Abilities
The Samurai usually relied upon a spoken mantra in order to activate his powers.
- Aerokinesis: When Samurai says, Kaze no yo ni Hayaku! (Swift as the Wind) - All or the lower half of Samurai's body is surrounded by a tornado. This also allows him to manipulate wind currents.
- Invisibility: When he says: Tomei Ningen! (Invisible Man) - he becomes invisible
- Pyrokinesis: When he says, Igo Moen! (Great Flame Go) - he bursts into flames.
- Illusion Casting: When he says: Higa Moay! (the first half translates to un-real) - he can cast illusions.
- Transformation: He could transform all or some of his body into fire or tornadoes.
- Power Sword
SuperFriends Team Members
Members of the Justice League
Aquaman (founding member) • Batman (founding member) • Superman (founding member) • Flash (founding member)
- The character of Samurai is exclusive to Earth-Thirty-Two. Samurai appeared in Justice League of America 46 (Aug. 2010) in the mainstream DC Universe. Samurai also appeared in DC One Million 80-Page Giant #1 (Aug. 1, 1999), where he is seen to be one of many people from an alternate reality to be shown.
- Samurai spoke in a slow, stereotypical fashion of Asian Americans.
- He would often slip into his native Japanese at seemingly random intervals, like thanking his teammates with "arigato" when they rescued him or referring to another character as "-san".
- He mostly appeared in the Challenge of the SuperFriends series as a fully active member of the team, he later made sporadic appearances in the later The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians.
Appearances in Other Media
- Samurai makes a cameo in Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon as a banner in the Mega Mondo Pop! Comic ConApalooza.
- Samurai makes a cameo in The Lego Batman Movie. He is seen as one of the dancing partygoers at Superman's Fortress of Solitude during the 57th Annual Justice League Anniversary Party.
- In the 1980s, Samurai was released as an action figure as part of the third wave of Kenner's 1980s toyline the Super Powers Collection.
- Samurai was released in a 3 pack along with Black Vulcan and Apache Chief in the 'Justice League Unlimited' action figure line.
- Samurai was included in Wave 18 of Mattel's DC Universe Classics along with several other Super Friends-themed figures.
- Samurai at Seanbaby's Super Friends Page
- Samurai at wikipedia.org
- Live Action Video Trailer: Samurai: Wind of Justice (Superfriends)
- New Genesis is the twin planet of Apokolips. They were both ruled by Highfather.
- This continuity is a conjectural origin based on the "Super Powers" version of the character.
- This ability is only used twice in the show's run.
- He only used this ability in one episode of The All-New Super Friends Hour and in the short, Video Victims )
- OAFE - DC Universe Classics 18: Samurai review