|AKA:||Hal Jordan (former host body)|
Parallax is the physical embodiment of fear, an entity given power by the emotional electromagnetic spectrum. Thousands of years ago the Guardians of the Universe imprisoned him in their Central Power Battery on Oa, and his presence caused the infamous yellow impurity in the Green Lantern Corps' power rings. He is eventually released when he possessed the legendary Hal Jordan, turning him evil and driving him completely insane. Eventually Jordan is released from the malevolent creature's control, although it has continued to menace the Green Lantern Corps and all the forces of good in general.
Powers and Abilities
- Fear-Induced Energy Control/Manipulation: Parallax as the embodiment of Fear, is capable of generating, and manipulating vast amounts of energy. Parallax is capable of all of the immense abilities and powers of a Qwardian Power Ring. Parallax is also capable of creating solid energy constructs, such as creating a convincing Sinestro energy-duplicate for Hal Jordan to kill. His energy projection abilities are colored yellow.
- Fear Projection: Parallax has immense fear-casting powers, strong enough to easily scare the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman, except those who are capable of understanding and conquering inner fear such as Kyle Rayner and Batman.
- Mind Control: Parallax has immense mind-control powers, strong enough to easily scare and control the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman.
- Possession: It can take possession of someone's body when they feel even the slightest fear.
- Reality Alteration
- Immortality: as a living entity of a emotional concept Parallax is for all purposes undying.
- Parallax first appears in Green Lantern # 50 (March 1994).