Known New Gods
- Doctor Bedlam
- Mister Miracle
- Granny Goodness
New Gods technology
- The New Gods first appeared in a self titled, four-part series of comics about those characters.
- They first appeared in New Gods, Vol. 1 #1 (March, 1971).
- The series was cancelled in 1972. When it was revived in 1977, the numbering was carried over. Although the indecia remained "The New Gods", the cover used the title "The Return of the New Gods".
- They were created and designed by Jack Kirby.
- Urgrund is German for "primeval ground".
- In Norse mythology, Ragnarök ("final destiny of the gods") is a series of major events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures, the occurrence of various natural disasters. Afterward, the world resurfaces anew and fertile, the surviving gods meet, and the world is repopulated by two human survivors. Ragnarök is an important event in the Norse canon, and has been the subject of scholarly discourse and theory.
- Go to DC Database for more on New Gods, Vol. 1 #7 published in March, 1972.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.