|Real name:||Mister Mxyzptlk|
|Voiced/Played:|| Gilbert Mack|
Mário Jorge Andrade
|“||He's a cosmic joker from the 5th dimensional world of Zrfff||”|
Mr. Mxyzptlk was an imp (a mythological, mischievous being similar to a fairy or demon) from the 5th Dimension.) He had magical powers which was normal for a someone native to his dimension. Although mostly just a practical joker, his playful escapades had endangered many lives, so giving him the supervillain title would not at all be inappropriate.
Continuity from The New Adventures of SupermanEdit
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Magic: As an imp, he possesses many magical abilities which allow him to have the following abilities:
- Reality Alteration: Mxyzptlk can manipulate reality and the laws of this universe in such a way as to appear magical. It does appear that there is a limit to his powers. It also appears that once he leaves, any effects of his magic is removed.
- Flight: His magic also gives him the ability to fly.
- Teleportation: He can disappear and reappear with or without the snap of his fingers.
He only has one weakness, if he is tricked into saying his name backward, then he will be banished back to the 5th Dimension. However, this banishment will only last three months, and after that three month period is up, he will be able to return to the 3rd Dimension (our dimension). Time and time again he has pestered the JLA, only to be defeated each time.
Mr. Mxyzptlk's full name was pronounced "Mix-yez-pit-lick," however this pronunciation was seldom used. More often his name was pronounced "Mixle Plick," likely due to it being far simpler to say, considering how difficult it was to pronounce.
- The New Adventures of Superman (1966-1967):
- new SuperFriends (1978):
- Season 4 (1979):
- Season 5 (1984):
- Season 6 (1985):
- Mr. Mxyzptlk, sometimes called Mxy, is a fictional supervillain who appears in DC Comics' Superman comic books.
- He first appeared in Superman, Vol. 1 #30 (September 1944).
- He was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- He has similar powers to Bat-Mite.
- The Joker stole his powers in “Emperor Joker”. However, in the 2009 TV adaptation, the Joker stole Bat-Mite’s powers.
In the comicsEdit
On Earth-One, Mxyzptlk was born into the fifth dimension and lived there until he became bored with his relatively uneventful life. Seeking exploration and entertainment, Mxyzptlk left and began to explore other realities. Unfamiliar with so-called "lower lifeforms" of other dimensions, Mxyzptlk began experimenting with some of them, testing them in many different ways, some of which were later shown not to have survived Mxyzptlk's tests. Upon one of his trips to the third dimension, Mxyzptlk met his match in Superboy. Superboy was living in Smallville at the time.
Superboy learned this 'trick' from Fuzastl, Mxyzptlk own father. this of course caused a long running feud between Mxyzptlk and his father.
This 'game', went on for many years till Superboy was an adult. Every time, Mxyzptlk would become frustrated because he could not enrage Superman.
- For more on Mister Mxyzptlk see article at Wikipedia
- The Mxyzptlk disambiguation page at the DCAU Wiki
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
- ↑ Gilbert Mack provided the voice of Mister Mxyzptlk in The New Adventures of Superman episode The Imp-Practical Joker (1966).
- ↑ Frank Welker provided the voice of Mister Mxyzptlk in all of his appearances in the Superfriends.
- ↑ Mário Jorge Andrade provided the voice of Mister Mxyzptlk on SuperFriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984). This was presumably an Italian dub.
- ↑ As seen in The Imp-Practical Joker.
- ↑ As seen in every episode of the Super Friends that he appeared in.
- ↑ As seen in The Imp-Practical Joker.
- ↑ As seen in every episode of Super Friends he appeared in.
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Superman, Vol. 1 #30 (1944)
- ↑ Superman, Vol. 1 #131 (August 1959)
- ↑ Superboy, Vol. 1 #78 - "The Ghost of Jor-El" (January, 1960)