It was once the home to the humanoid Martian People until the surface of Mars was virtually destroyed by General Blanx during a civil war. This forced all the good Martians to leave and colonize an uninhabited planet called Vonn, which they rename Mars II (or New Mars). This new home, is the fourth planet from the red sun of the Star-System Cygnus. The famed Martian Manhunter, who had been living on earth as a member of the Justice League of America, decides to accompany the survivors into deep space and settled with them on Mars II.
The brain creatures survived the civil war, and still live on Mars.
'Earth to Mars' Space-Missions
- First Manned-Mission to Mars
- Mars missile launch (failure)
- In 1988, Lt. Commander Rick Wolfman was assigned to take the Intrepid on a mission to Mars.
In the 20th century, preparation was made for the human colonization on Mars, by the 1970s, a NASA base, called the Mars space station was established on the planet's surface. And by the '80s other aliens from other planets established the Galactic Prison of Mars, which was home to some of the most dangerous criminals in the universe. However, actual human colonization did not occur on Mars until sometime in the 21st century, where Nix Olympia was established.
- ↑ As revealed in World's Finest Comics, #212 (June 1972).
- ↑ As revealed in DC Comics Presents, #27 (November, 1980).
- ↑ As revealed in Justice League of America, #71 (May, 1969).
- ↑ As seen in the Superfriends season three episode Invasion of the Brain Creatures (1978).
- ↑ As referenced in the Superman, TV series (1988) episode: The Last Time I Saw Earth
- ↑ As seen in The Androids (1973).
- ↑ As seen in One Small Step for Mars (1980).
- ↑ As seen in The Atlas of the DC Universe (1990).