A legal system or justice system, is a system set up in just about every government there is. Laws are provided, so as to keep people from doing things that are unlawful, to protect the natives and the country itself. Someone who breaks the law is a criminal, someone who commits a crime.
Decisions regarding the legal system on the planet known as Krypton were made by the Science Council, which was a bureaucratic group that saw science and technology as an important part of their law-making decisions. One such law was that space travel and the construction of space vehicles were outlawed.
When talking about the mess that Doctor Gulliver caused and what he might do to clean it all up; in relation to the people that he had shrunk; he said that he should be able to come up with some way to fix what he had done, but Superman tells him that it's up to the court what he'll have to do.
Legislative and Judicial Bodies
- Kryptonian Science Council
- Metropolis City Council
- Metropolis Court House
- New York City Criminal Court
- Interstellar Tribunal
- United States Congress
- Supreme Court of the United States
Law enforcement agencies
- Central City Police Department
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Gotham City Police Department
- Ivy Town Police Department
- Kansas Highway Patrol
- London Metropolitan Police
- Louisiana State Police
- Metropolis Police Department
- National Bureau of Investigation
- New York City Police Department
- Ohio State Patrol
- Pasadena Police Department
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Secret Department of Investigation
- Smallville Police Department
- Tigermen Police
- Tracer Department of the Exor Police
- ↑ As seen in The Androids (1973).
- ↑ As seen in the Superfriends season 1 episode The Planet-Splitter (1973).
- ↑ As seen in Gulliver's Gigantic Goof (1973).
- ↑ As seen in the Superfriends season three episode Doomsday (1978).