Super Powers franchise that spun off from the Super Friends franchise, beginning with the Super Powers Collection, and continuing in a variety of books, comics, toys and games, particularly the DC Heroes RPG. |
(This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Super Powers" category.)
Boy of Steel
|Relatives:||Lex Luthor (genetic template)|
Superman (genetic template)
History not yet written.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Superboy possessed the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These included:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this was the main source of Superboy's super powers as they were contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up included a number of organs which lacked analogues in humans and whose functions were unknown. It was believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy was stored for later use. This allowed for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation was not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Superboy could, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He could vary the heat and area affected.
- Enhanced Senses
- Infrared vision
- Telescopic vision
- X-Ray vision
- Microscopic vision
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Super Breath
- Tactile Telekinesis: At first, Superboy's only superpower was "tactile telekinesis", a telekinetic force field that surrounded his body as a protective shield and allowed him to simulate Superman-level speed, strength, flight and invulnerability. The tactile TK field also let Superboy break free of an opponent's grip by pushing the field outward to force the opponent away. Other creative uses included rendering an opponent immobile by extending the TK field as long as they are both standing on the same ground.
- Force Field: His TK field can protect him from harm.
- Telekinetic Force Blasts: Superboy also learned that he could project burst of raw psionic energy bolts as well. He mostly projected the energy from his hands but it was assumed that he could project them from anywhere since his Tactile TK field permeated from his entire body. The blasts he emitted had concussive force equivalent to 5,000 pounds of TNT, but it was speculated that as he grew older this force amount could grow and change along with him.
- Red Solar Energy
- Yellow Sun Processing: Because Superboy absorbed less solar energy than Superman as an adult, Superboy was unable to process as much yellow sun energy as Superman could; as a result, overtaxing his powers could spell his death, as his body would literally begin to feed on itself, unable to absorb solar energy fast enough to restore itself.
- Kon-El was created by Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett and first appeared in Adventures of Superman # 500 (June 1993).
- Super Powers Collection
- Superman: Man of Steel
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.