Kandor was once a city located on the planet Krypton. Natives of the city are called Kandorians. According to one source, in its shrunken size, its inhabitants total seven million. It is the only surviving city of the dead world of Krypton.
The evil villain Brainiac, used his Hyper-Ray to reduce the city and it's millions of inhabitants to a tiny size, leaving behind a large crater, and he placed the city in a bottle. Years later, Superman was shrunk but found the machine Brainiac used to shrink Kandor (and other cities from other planets) and used it to restore the cities to normal. Unfortunately, at the end there was only enough energy to restore more thing to normal size -- Kandor or Superman. A Kandorian decided Earth needed Superman more than Kandor needed to be normal size again and used it on Superman.
The city of Kandor is now kept safe in Superman's Fortress of Solitude, where he tries to find a means to restore it to normal size.
- Van-Zee (aka Nightwing), Scientist
- Ak-Var (aka Flamebird), Scientist
Season 4 (1979):
- Terror at 20,000 Fathoms (October 27, 1979)
- As revealed in the Earth-One story, Superman Family, #185 (September/October 1977).
- As seen in the Season 4, episode: Terror at 20,000 Fathoms (October 27, 1979).
- Superman who once used ‘Nightwing’ as an alias on a mission to the shrunken Kryptonian city of Kandor. This was depicted in Superman, #158 (January 1963). Superman's identical relative Van Zee also assumes the Nightwing identity briefly in this issue.
- Van-Zee's inclusion is confirmed in the SuperFriends Comic Book: Issue #12 (June/July 1978).
- Ak-Var's inclusion is confirmed in the SuperFriends Comic Book: Issue #12 (June/July 1978).