|Real name:||John Irons|
|AKA:||Man of Steel; Henry Johnson|
Powers and Abilities
- Genius-Level Intellect
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Operation
- Steel Power Armor: Steel's powers vary in accordance with what hardware is currently available to him. He has modified the original weapons systems and suit several times since its debut and continues to refine its abilities. With his engineering, physics and ballistics knowledge, it is conceivable that the suit may potentially possess even greater power in the future.
- Radioscopic Scans: His armor is able to analyze photonic energy given off from an object through readouts the armor gives.
- Superhuman Durability: The suit's ability to impart a resistance to physical injury was quite considerable before the addition of the inertial dampening field. Small arms fire was generally not a threat but larger firearms could prove dangerous. All of the suits have performed admirably considering Steel's opponents, who include the Cyborg Superman and Metallo.
- Superhuman Strength
- Jet Boots: With what are probably his greatest creations, the flight protocols for his armor are every engineer's dream. The distance that can be traveled before refueling is unknown, but Steel has made a documented trip of at least 1,500 miles before touching down again. It has been determined, by observation, that Steel can reach speeds just short of the speed of sound, which is 700+ miles per hour.
- Kinetic Hammer
- Rivet Cannon: This short range weapon has fired red-hot rivets similar to those used in construction.
- John Henry Irons first appeared in Adventures of Superman # 500 (June 1993).
Super Powers franchise that spun off from the Super Friends franchise, beginning with the Super Powers Collection, and continuing in a variety of books, comics, toys and games, particularly the DC Heroes RPG. |
(This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Super Powers" category.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.