from the Real World
|Birthname: James Weldon
Born: December 23, 1923
Birthplace: Dale, Texas, USA
Years Active: 1946-1992
Official Website: Jimmy Weldon: The Voice You Remember
Best Known As: He is best known as the voice of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon character Yakky Doodle Duck from the Yogi Bear cartoons (early 60's) and the host and ventriloquist of a locally-produced television series, "The Webster Webfoot Show" (1951-1953).
Jimmy Weldon (born December 23, 1923) is an American voice actor, ventriloquist, and former television host.
Born in Dale, Texas, Weldon began his career as a disc jockey at KWCO in Chickasha, Oklahoma in 1946, remaining there for four years.
He made his television debut in 1950, as "Uncle" Jimmy (himself) and the voice of the duck puppet, Webster Webfoot on "The Webster Webfoot Show", produced locally by Dallas station WFAA-TV.
Weldon moved to California in the early 1950s and continued to make television appearances while in Hollywood.
In 1959, he and Webster Webfoot returned to the air again as the hosts of "HI, MOM" on NBC affiliate WRCA-TV after Shari Lewis left. They would continue performing their show on KJEO-TV (47) in Fresno, California throughout the 1960's.
He would later produced children's Christian programs using Webster Webfoot. He has a full recording studio in his home.
Voice on Super Friends
- As the voice of Solomon Grundy for the entire 3rd season (1978) and in the 1983 Short, The Revenge of Doom.
Notable Voiceover work
Notable voice credits include:
- All-New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show, The (1983, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Challenge of the GoBots (1984, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Little Rascals, The (1982, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Richie Rich (1980, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Scooby and Scrappy-Doo (1979, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour, The (1982, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Shirt Tales, The (1982, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Tom and Jerry Kids (1990, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Yogi Bear Show, The (1961, Animated Series) Yakky Doodle
- Yogi Bear's All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper (1982, Animated Special) Yakky Doodle and Zookeeper #2
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt (1985, Animated Series) Yakky Doodle in "Yogi's Beanstalk"
- Funny Boners (1954 TV series), the Host
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1 episode, 1955) as a Guard in "Breakdown"
- Dragnet (1 episode, 1957) in "The Big Switch"
- The Phantom Planet (1961), Lt. Webb
- S.W.A.T. (1 episode, 1975), the Diner Owner in "Kill S.W.A.T."
- The Waltons (1 episode, 1974), the Railroad Clerk in "The Runaway"
- B.J. and the Bear (1 episode, 1979), Crockett in "Lobo's Revenge"
- The Rockford Files (1 episode, 1979), John Rockfield in "The Big Cheese"
- Dallas (1 episode, 1979) in "Ellie Saves the Day"
- Diff'rent Strokes (1 episode, 1981), as Ben in "Drummond's Fair Lady"
- Knight Rider (1 episode, 1982), as the Announcer in "Slammin' Sammy's Stunt Show Spectacular"
- Father Murphy (1 episode, 1982), the Official in "Happiness Is..."
- Webster Webfoot was a squat duck (ventriloquist's dummy), who was the eternal Webelo Cub Scout, including hat, scarf and Boy Scout emblem choker
- Jimmy Weldon, as 'John Crockett' in the BJ and the Bear, episode "Lobo's Revenge."