Super Powers franchise that spun off from the Super Friends franchise, beginning with the Super Powers Collection, and continuing in a variety of books, comics, toys and games, particularly the DC Heroes RPG. |
(This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Super Powers" category.)
|Continuity-Related Comic Book Character|
|Real name:||Jean-Paul Valley, Jr.|
|Affiliations:||Batman Family; Sacred Order of St. Dumas|
History not yet written.
Powers and Abilities
- Genetic Enhancement: Raised in a test tube and put through various DNA experimentation in his fetal state, Jean-Paul's physiology allowed him a number of superhuman traits.
- Computer Operation
- Advanced Hand-to-Hand combat
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Mental Illness: The Sacred Order of St. Dumas purposefully built an almost split-personality into Jean-Paul Valley. While the "normal" persona of Jean-Paul Valley was quite passive and mild mannered, and had no seeming irregularities, the Azrael persona was much more ragingly violent, and believed itself to be the manifestation of an actual biblical angel of vengeance. Originally, he was only able to manifest his superhuman abilities while in the Azrael costume and mindset. Later in his career, although he was still plagued by inner demons, and often even hallucinations, he gained better control over his two conflicting personalities, including the ability to utilize Azrael's abilities while acting as Jean-Paul.
- Kevlar Body Armor: The Azrael costume was bullet and fire resistant.
- Battle Gauntlets
- Batsuit: During his tenure as the Batman, he wore both the traditional batsuit as well as his own variation of it. It included:
- Jean-Paul Valley was created by Denny O'Neil and Joe Quesada and first appeared in Batman: Sword of Azrael # 1 (October 1992).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.