The JLA Satellite is a satellite orbiting 22,300 miles above the Earth. It is used by the Justice League of America to monitor space. It has also served other purposes. Prior to the Hall of Justice, it served as the primary headquarters of the Justice League. There is a teleportation chamber that allow the Leaguers to teleport down to the Hall of Justice or up to the Satellite. There's also an inter-dimensional transporter (aka transmatter cube) in the satellite that can teleport them to the parallel universe that the Justice Society of America live.
In the Earth-One universe, the Justice League Satellite was the headquarters of the Justice League. In the SuperFriends universe, the team also makes use of the Hall of Justice, which was established to train young people to become crime fighters.
The 'New' JLA Satellite
Upgraded JLA Satellite
Other JLA Satellites
- The first JLA Satellite made its' first appearance in Justice League of America, Vol. 1 #78 (February 1970).
- The second JLA Satellite made its' first appearance in Justice League of America. Vol. 2 #7 (May 2007).
- Coming Soon!!
- Issue 3 (February, 1977)
- ↑ As revealed in the SuperFriends Comic Book issue #1, The Fury of the Super Foes (November 1976).
- ↑ As revealed in the SuperFriends Comic Book issue #3 The Cosmic Hit Man? (February, 1977).
- ↑ As revealed in Batman Family, #17 (May, 1978).
- ↑ In this case, the new satellite appeared in the cartoon first.