This article is a stub.
|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real name:||Beatriz Da Costa|
|Affiliations:||Global Guardians |
|Rogue of:||Green Thumb|
Global Guardians Team Leader
She possessed an array of abilities which included the power to exhale vast quantities of mystical green fire. She could also fly, alter her clothing at will, and displayed a limited capacity to project hallucinations.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
In her next appearance, Green Fury called The Super Friends to help defeat the villain Green Thumb (Fargo Keyes), and months later revealed her secret origin to them to thwart the demons from a green hell, that were produced by an acid trip.
Powers and Abilities
- Pyrokinesis: Control over magical Flame due to Brazilian mysticism.
- Flight: Can could control her flame breath to allow her to fly and land like a rocket.
- Mystical Green Flame
- Her green flame had the magical ability to heal and repair her costume after a battle.
- Able to mystically alter her clothing when needed
- Able to mystically change the color of her eyes from green to black, and vice-versa.
- Able to create and cast illusions with her 'dazzle power'.
- Thermal Energy Projection: She can fire blasts with her white-hot flame.
- Cold Blasts: She can also fire blasts of super-cold freezing flame.
SuperFriends Team Members
Aquaman (founding member) • Batman (founding member) • Superman (founding member) • Flash (founding member)
Just like the TV series, the Super Friend comic books used to feature a lot of foreign and/or minority super-heroes, though they were different from those shown on TV.
- Green Fury was created in the late seventies by writer E. Nelson Bridwell and artist Ramona Fradon in the pages of the Super Friends comics, issue #25 (October 1, 1979).
- She guest-starred in Super Friends #42 (March 1, 1981).
- The Green Fury was one of the most highlighted international heroes in the Super Friends comics.
- In the final issue of the Super Friends series, she was the de facto star, having her origin told in a "full-length 25-page novel" titled "The Demons from Green Hell", by E. Nelson Bridwell and Romeo Thangal in Super Friends #47 (August 1, 1981).
- The New Earth version of Beatriz da Costa first appeared in Infinity Inc. # 32 (November 1986).
- Super Friends #25 (October, 1979)
- Super Friends #42 (March, 1981)
- Super Friends #43 ((April, 1981)
- Super Friends #44 (May, 1981)
- Super Friends #47 (August, 1981)