Mascot to the Wonder Twins
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
Like the Wonder Twins, he comes from the planet Exxor. He has a stretchable, prehensile tail which can be quite useful. He is also considerably more intelligence than Earth monkeys. He clearly understands spoken English. He communicates through the use of sign language, acting out scenes, and chattering in an unintelligible alien tongue. Gleek often produces a bucket to hold Zan in his water form.
Gleek is originally the property of a clown in the interplanetary carnival where the Wonder Twins were raised.
Powers and Abilities
- Alien Physiology: Gleek is a space monkey, and therefore has abilities that are different from Earth monkeys.
- Elasticity: Whether his entire body is elastic is unknown, however his tail certainly is. It can stretch to the point of completely bonding a full grown man.
- Gleek was originally developed for season 2 of the Saturday morning Hanna-Barbera animated series, the SuperFriends. However, his first appearance is in the comic book series, in issue #7.
- The character of Gleek is exclusive to the Earth-1A continuity. To date, no version of Gleek has ever appeared in the mainstream DC Universe. However, Gleek does appear in DC One Million 80-Page Giant #1 (Aug. 1, 1999), where he is seen to be one of many people from an alternate reality to be shown.
- Gleek is largely based upon another space-traveling monkey, Blip. This pet monkey was owned by siblings Jayce and Jan on the 1966 Hanna-Barbera animated series, Space Ghost.
- Gleeks origin was revealed in Comic Book issue #14.
|Members of the Justice League of America|
Aquaman (founding member) • Batman (founding member) • Superman (founding member) • Flash (founding member)