Eclipso was a supervillain and an enemy of the Justice League of America. He was originally the Spirit of Vengeance, until he rebelled and became evil, using his demonic form to possess various humans.
At that point, Spectre became the new Spirit of Vengeance, and Eclipso had became a demon. During the 20th century he possessed a man named Bruce Gordon; taking over his body every time an eclipse occurred on Earth, hence the name Eclipso!
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: An off-color (blue-grey or purple) circle would appear covering the rightmost two-thirds of his face, reminiscent of a partial eclipse.
- Energy Projection
- Power Distribution
- Size Alteration
- Superhuman Strength
- Sunlight: Sunlight is Eclipso's primary weakness, it disintegrates his corporeal form on contact
- Darkness Restriction: He could manifest himself on Earth only at night and only when summoned by a possessor of a black diamond.
- Ancient Rules: As an ancient entity Eclipso is forbidden by ancient laws to personally kill others of his level or face greater punishment.
- Eclipso first appeared in House of Secrets # 61 (July 1963).
The title or other information in this article is taken from the Super Powers franchise that spun off from the Super Friends franchise, beginning with the Super Powers Collection, and continuing in a variety of books, comics, toys and games, particularly the DC Heroes RPG.