|Real name:||Diana 'Prince' White|
|Relatives:||Daniel White (husband) |
Marvin White (son)
On the parallel earth of Earth-1A, Diana Prince was an army nurse at the time that Wonder Woman first came to the United States from her native Paradise Island. Wonder Woman took her name, and used it as her secret identity.
On the parallel earth of Earth-One and Earth-1A, shortly before Princess Diana came to America, Daniel White was transferred to South America. Diana learns of this after meeting army nurse, Diana Prince after dropping Steve Trevor off at the hospital. The nurse is sad, telling the princess she doesn’t have the money to join him. As the young woman talks, Wonder Woman is struck with how much they resemble each other. She even has her same name! Aphrodite must have arranged this, so the princess could have an American identity. She tells Diana that she is also a trained nurse and that if she sells her credentials to her, she can be with the man she loves and young Diana can go to South America to be with her fiancé (Wonder Woman had recently made some money doing her "bullets-and-bracelets" bit on stage). The young woman agrees and heads to South America to be with the man she loves.
Diana once asked her son what he was doing in the backyard. He told her he was mowing the grass, but in actuality, it was the G.E.E.C. automated lawnmower that was doing the job. She tells him that he's a good boy.
Powers and Abilities
- We know that according to the SuperFriends TV Show that Diana is back in the states, living with her family.
- It is not known how the relationship of two 'Dianas' in America works.
- its possible, since she got married, she is now 'Diana White', while Princess Diana is simply (and still) 'Diana Prince'. And thus using only Diana White's maiden name as a secret identity.
Golden Age Appearance:
- Sensation Comics, #1 (January 1942)
- DC Special Series, #19 (November, 1979)
- As revealed in DC Special Series, #19 (November, 1979) and with fewer details in Wonder Woman, #162/2 (May 1966) and #167 (January 1967) [flashback portion]. This exact story with an added details, was told a few years earlier by E. Nelson Bridwell in the letters column of the SuperFriends Comic Book issue #1 (November 1976). Bridwell’s contribution is the name of ‘Daniel White’ to the fiancé and subsequently to the young nurse who marries Dan (becoming: Diana Prince 'White'), connecting Wonder Woman to Marvin White.
- As told in Super Friends, #1 (November 1976).
- As seen in the Season 1 episode: Professor Goodfellow's G.E.E.C. (September 22, 1973).
- Diana's voice was only heard. She remained unseen on the SuperFriends cartoon.