|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Universe:|| Earth-One |
The Construct was created from a centuries worth of radio, television, microwave and various other sources which filled the Earth. Unbeknownst to humanity, these signals succeeded in overloading the world's airwaves. The signals could no longer remain separate, and so they merged, forming one coherent, invincible mind -- the Constructs mind!
In the parallel-universe of Earth-One, we are introduced to the Construct, who has an inherent hatred of humanity. Although the Justice League has often been able to defeat it, the Construct has always returned, and always in a more evolved form than seen before.
Powers and Abilities
- Electronic Control: The Construct's electronic mind is capable of possessing any electronic machine on Earth.
- Mind Control: The Construct's electronic mind is capable of possessing a human mind by dominating the electronic pulses of the mind.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
The Construct did not appear in any episode of the Superfriends TV Show.
- Justice League of America, #111 (May-June 1974)
- JLA 80-Page Giant, #2/2 (November 1999) -- post-crisis retonned appearance
- Justice League of America, #143 (June 1977)
- Justice League of America, #158 (September 1978)
- Super Friends, #8 (November 1, 1977) -- indirectly referenced
- The Construct was created by Steve Englehart and Anthony Tollin.
- He first appeared in Justice League of America, #142 (May, 1977).