|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real name:||George Harkness|
|Affiliations:|| The Rogues |
He was secretly the illegitimate son of an American soldier and an Australian woman. He was sent to America by his mother who was desperate to get him away from his stepfather. While in America, he was hired as a performer and boomerang promoter by a toy company which was, unbeknownst to him, owned by his biological father. Audiences ridiculed him, and he eventually turned to using his boomerangs for crime.
He became a recurring enemy of the Flash, typically by devising altered boomerangs which could produce astonishing effects (some would explode, others had razor-sharp edges, etc.), and using them ruthlessly. He became a staple member of the Rogues Gallery, a group of villains dedicated to opposing Flash.
Powers and Abilities
- Boomerang Mastery: He is an expert at throwing boomerangs. He seldom misses, often times even hitting fast moving targets, like the Flash for example.
Captain Boomerang did not appear in any episode of the Superfriends TV Show.
- Justice League of America Vol. 1, #61 (March 1968)
- JLA 80-Page Giant, #2/2 (November 1999) -- post-crisis retconned appearance
- Limited Collectors' Edition #C-41 (December 1975 / January 1976)
- Super Friends, #8 (November 1, 1977): -- indirectly referenced
- The Captain Boomerang appeared in Flash, Vol. 1 #117 (December 1960).
- He was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino.
- A man dressed as Captain Boomerang appeared in an episode called "Eclipsed" in the animated TV series Justice League which ran on the Cartoon Network from 2001-2004. He appeared an actor in a commercial the Flash was starring in.