|Real name:||William Derek Hand|
This section is not yet written.
Powers and Abilities
- Life-Force Absorption: Following the actions of extraterrestrials who subjected him to experimentation, he gained the means to recreate his hand. The experiments granted Black Hand the ability to consume the life-force of the living to create a new hand for himself. The amount of life-force he consumed related to the amount of time he could control the limb.
- Life-Force Depletion: As an after-effect of the experimentation, when he had not consumed enough life-force, he assumed a burnt or decaying appearance.
- Mental Illness: The physical and psychological trauma of losing his hand, coupled with years of defeat by various superheroes, had left William Hand mentally unstable.
- Cosmic Divining Rod: Black Hand possessed a device which could manipulate the energy of Green Lantern power rings. It could obtain this energy by directly draining it from a ring, or via the residue a power ring gave off. Like power rings, however, it needed to replenish this energy on a regular basis in order to operate. Hand usually did this during battles with one or more Green Lanterns, and has also used it to help him locate nearby power rings. This technically made the device somewhat similar to Qwardian power rings, especially those wielded by Sinestro. Though this device was a product of his creative genius, it was unclear if he could create any other such powerful technology, especially with his mentally unstable condition.
- Black Hand was created by John Broome and Gil Kane and first appeared in Green Lantern # 29 (June 1964).
- ↑ This comic was reprinted in Super Friends # 38 (1988).
- ↑ For more information about that DC comic book, click here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.