This page is part of the SuperFriends timeline, or a chronology of events that took place in the SuperFriends Universe -- Earth-1A (fan name) / Earth-Thirty-Two (official designation) of the DC Multiverse.
On one occasion (1975 in the Earth-1A universe), a group of evil Martians led by (the now) General Blanx, destroyed the surface of Mars, forcing all the good Martians to leave and colonize another planet. The Manhunter is able to arrive in time to defeat and kill General Blanx. With his homeworld destroyed, J'onn J'onzz decides to accompany the survivors into deep space to find a new home and bids farewell to his friends in the Justice League.
In late 1975, shortly after the Martian Manhunter had left Earth, the Justice League, believed that (as Superman stated), "the best way for us to combat crime and be prepared for world-wide emergencies is to work together. From now on, we'll be the SuperFriends."
This arrangement was spear-headed by Superman, Batman (and Robin), Aquaman and Wonder Woman (the core-five) and included the training of young people (or Junior Super Friends) for law enforcement at the Hall of Justice. Marvin White and Wendy Harris are the first of the trainees.
- ↑ This is conjecture based on real life.
- ↑ This is conjecture based upon real life.
- ↑ As revealed in Justice League of America, #71 (May, 1969).
- ↑ As quoted in the Season 3 episode: History of Doom.
- ↑ The formation of team and members depicted in History of Doom.
- ↑ In the first issue of the SuperFriends comic book, E. Nelson Bridwell makes it very clear that the SuperFriends are sort of a volunteer organization, under the umbrella of the Justice League of America.